GENERAL BOOKING CONDITIONS
Villeggiando Viaggi by VILLAS IN MED Srl, hereinafter referred to as “VIM Srl”, acts as an agent on behalf of the owners/client of the vacation properties and lets the vacation properties in a representative capacity as an agent of the owners. Your signature on the booking form will be taken as your and your party’s acceptance of the following conditions:
The properties are intended for holiday rentals and are furnished and equipped to accommodate the number of occupants indicated in the individual property descriptions published on the VIM Srl websites.
All bookings are made with VIM Srl. Bookings can be made via VIM Srl web site, e-mail or telephone.
To confirm the booking VIM Srl must receive a deposit for the value of 30% of the property rental price (together with any deposits for additional services requested) within 3 days. Upon receipt of payment, VIM Srl will send the booking confirmation. If the deposit is not received within 3 days, no contract with us will exist, therefore VIM Srl will automatically cancel the reservation and the property will be put back online, available for booking.
Please note: Prices are displayed in EURO currency only.
3) PAYMENT OF THE BALANCE
The balance of the payment must be paid in full 60 days before check-in date. If the balance is not received in time VIM Srl reserves the right to cancel the booking, retain the deposit and apply cancellation charges [see paragraph 7].
Upon receipt of the rental balance, VIM Srl will send the client a Lease Voucher (DEFINITIVE BOOKING CONFIRMATION) which has all the information on how to reach the property, the property address, how to contact the person responsible for the keys, and all costs to be paid on the premises. Upon arrival, the client is obliged to present this document to the property owner/manager as well as a valid passport or identity card for the registration of all occupants of the rental property as required by Italian law.
4) LATE BOOKINGS
For reservations made less than 60 days from the beginning of the stay, full payment is required at the time of booking.
5) METHODS OF PAYMENT
Methods of payment accepted: bank transfer or credit card (+ 1,5% credit card processing fee).
Payments for bookings will be accepted exclusively in EURO currency.
6) ACCEPTANCE OF RENTAL TERMS
Once payment for the booking has been made, by either credit card, or bank transfer (or any other permitted means). This implies both for the client and for VIM Srl the tacit acceptance of it and the obligation to respect the terms and conditions shown in this document.
7) CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
Any cancellation of confirmed bookings must be communicated in writing and will be subject to a penalty that will be calculated according to the full price of the booking, as follow:
- 60 days or more before arrival: 30% (Deposit)
- From 59 to 49 days before arrival : 60%
- From 48 to 30 days before arrival: 80%
- From 29 days to arrival : 100%
8) COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning nowadays; therefore, in the event of the following scenarios arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, client would have the option to defer the booking, receive a Credit voucher or cancel the booking and receive a full refund.
The below applies to both new and existing bookings confirmed starting from September 2020 with arrival between September 2020 and December 2021, where the holiday dates coincides with the following restrictions:
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19, including national or regional lockdowns which prevent the client from travelling on holiday.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19 that prevent travel to the area where the accommodation is located.
- Closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of COVID-19.
This special clause does not apply to other cases (even if linked to COVID.19 emergency) such as:
- Client’s inability to travel due to illness of himself or any member of his group (including COVID -19) *
- Client’s inability to travel due to the need of self-isolation for him or any member of his group *
- Transport disruptions and cancellation *
- Curfew taking place in the area where the accommodation is located
- Closures of bars, restaurants and points of interest in the area where the accommodation is located
( * ) These events can be covered by taking out travel insurance.
Defer your booking, credit voucher or full refund
Defer your booking:
– Deferring a booking means mantaining the accommodation originally booked but changing the dates for a period of the same/ higher monetary value (price differences to be paid by customer) within 18 months of the scheduled check-out date and subjected to availability. Should a change of dates not be possible client will be issued with a credit voucher for the equivalent monetary value to use on any other “Villas in Med” holiday accommodation.
– Credit voucher is a personal, non-transferable credit, which will be provided for the same monetary value of your booking and can be used within 18 months of the scheduled check-out date. It is eligible for any other “Villas in Med” holiday accommodation with the same/higher renting price (price differences to be paid by customer).
– A full refund will be processed by Villas in Med within 14 days of the scheduled check-in date and will be issued to the client through the same payment mean used to make the reservation.
Please note: Refunds will be issued in EURO currency only, for the exact amount received at the time of booking (paragraph 5).
In case the client decides to accept to either defer your booking or be provided with a credit voucher, refund will no longer be an option. Both must be used by the end of 18 months.
Please note: If client were unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply (Para 7).
9) CHANGES TO RESERVATION
Changes requested by the customer after the reservation has been confirmed do not bind Villas in Med in the event these cannot be met. Villas in Med will do everything to satisfy the customer’s need where possibile. However, customer will be asked to pay a fixed fee of € 50.00 for any alteration of the original booking.
Please Note: No changes to reservation can be made from 35 days prior check-in date.
10) ALTERATION AND CANCELLATION BY VILLEGGIANDO VIAGGI by VILLAS IN MED SRL
Although it is unlikely that VIM Srl will have to make any change to confirmed bookings, it does occasionally happen, in which case VIM Srl will advise the client at the earliest possible date.
- If for any unforeseen reason VIM Srl is unable to provide the client with the already booked property, VIM Srl will offer the client an alternative property of comparable standard. However, if this is not possible or the client does not wish to be transferred, VIM Srl will cancel the booking and refund the client with the amount paid for the property.
- In the event of force majeure, VIM Srl reserves the right to annul the contract and return the amount paid.
- In the case of extra services not included in the rental price (i.e. cook, cleaning services etc), VIM Srl cannot be held responsible for any eventual variations in the prices and/or utilization procedures, which take place after the confirmation.
11) RENTAL PERIOD
The rental period is typically one-week minimum, from Saturday to Saturday, unless otherwise specified in the property description or agreed.
12) CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
CHECK-IN is between 17.00 and 19.30 and CHECK-OUT is before 09.30.
Any delays or variations to these times must be agreed upon with VIM Srl at least 48 hours before arrival. No refunds will be given if the client is unable to take up residence of the property on the expected day or at the scheduled time due to travel problems. The same rule applies to early departures.
13) SECURITY DEPOSIT AND EXTRA CHARGES
The client is obliged to pay the damage deposit in cash upon arrival as indicated in the Booking Confirmation; otherwise, the owner/representative of the property is entitled to refuse entry. The damage deposit will be refunded at the end of the stay less any deduction made for damage caused to the property. Any additional charges to be paid on site indicated in the rental documents are considered part of the accepted rental agreement.
14) CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
For the entire duration of the stay, the client is responsible for any property hired and in his care. The client is also responsible for the proper conduct of all occupants of the rental property and for leaving the property clean and in good order. Under no circumstances should the number of persons in the party exceed those specified in the booking confirmation. The owners and the local representatives are authorized to refuse entry and/or to request those occupants in excess of the maximum rental capacity to leave the property.The client is obliged to pay the damage deposit in cash upon arrival as indicated in the Booking Confirmation; otherwise, the owner/representative of the property is entitled to refuse entry. The damage deposit will be refunded at the end of the stay less any deduction made for damage caused to the property. Any additional charges to be paid on site indicated in the rental documents are considered part of the accepted rental agreement.
15) INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROPERTIES
VIM Srl has taken great care to ensure the accuracy of all information regarding our properties. The descriptions and photographs on the website are honest and present a fair and accurate picture. As they are private properties, they do not have standards or categories that are internationally recognized, the evaluations given by VIM Srl do not reflect the evaluations of official tourist structures such as hotels.
16) SWIMMING POOL AND SPORT FACILITIES
The dates for the use of the swimming pool and/or sports facilities are indicated in the description of each property. In the case of particularly bad weather conditions, these may be varied for reasons that are not our responsibility.
There are no lifeguards at our swimming pools and the majority of them are not enclosed with fences. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk. Children must be supervised at all times. Neither the villa owners nor VIM Srl assume responsibilities for the use of the swimming pools.
17) EXTERNAL MAINTENANCE
The owner reserves the right for himself and/or for his representative to access to the property for the maintenance of the external areas and of the swimming pool.
Even in the case where the client must pay the final cleaning costs on the premises, the client is obliged to remove the rubbish and to leave the property in a clean and tidy state, otherwise there may be further cost deductions above and beyond those already owed.
Heating costs are not included in the price and must be paid directly on the spot to the key holder before departing. In general heating may be used from November to April as covered by current Italian legislation. Please note that heating in Italy, is more expensive compared to other countries.
20) INTERNET CONNECTION
Most of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to constantly access the internet should not only rely on the internet at the property.
Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of Internet Connection.
Each property description indicates whether pets are allowed or not.
At the time of booking the client is required to communicate any pets he will be bringing with him, indicating the number and the size. Charges might be applied and requested to be paid on site.
22) COMMERCIAL USE / PARTIES & WEDDINGS / OTHER ACTIVITIES
Should clients intend to use a villa for any type of commercial use such as photo shoots or filming this should immediately be advised at the time of booking. Such use will only be allowed with the written consent of VIM Srl, who in turn will implement specific arrangements and stipulations thus imposed by the villa owner.
No private parties, weddings, wedding receptions or large gatherings are allowed in the properties without written permission from VIM Srl.
No camping is permitted on the property grounds.
VIM Srl does not wish to have dissatisfied client. In the event there should be any problems during the stay, the client is requested to report within 24 hours any deficiency to the key holder and to VIM Srl office on Tel. +39 0577 / 948042 – Mobile +39 340 / 76 37 478 or e- mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will give VIM Srl the opportunity to resolve the problem during the stay. In the unlikely event that the problem cannot be resolved during the stay, and if the client wishes to take the matter up with VIM Srl on his return, a registered letter with receipt advice must be sent within ten working days of the client’s return. Complaints made after the end of the holiday will not be accepted unless notified during the rental period.
24) TOURIST TAXES IN ITALY
A local tourist tax (tassa di soggiorno) has been introduced across year 2012 and most of municipalities in Tuscany and other touristic areas have opted to apply it.
The amount, set on the number of nights, varies from place to place and is to be paid directly by tourists upon arrival at the property.
25) PRIVACY PROTECTION
In conformance with the paragraph 13, law L. 196/03 on the protection of privacy and on the processing of personal data, VIM Srl with registered office in Viale G. Matteotti, 68 – 50052 Certaldo (FI) – Italy and Head office in Piazza Luchetti, 8 – 53031 Casole d’Elsa (Siena) – Italy, declares that client’s personal data shall be used for reasons connected with or essential for carrying out our business, and to be precise:
1) Stipulation of rental contracts, via the booking procedure; the carrying out and the correct performance of the various contractual obligations; management and solution of litigation;
2) Information about the marketing of our catalogs; the posting of catalogs; surveys of the degree of satisfaction of the clients of VIM Srl.
The granting of the data is necessary for the performance of the contractual obligations, for the administrative and fiscal obligations covered by law.
Any refusal to give consent for the processing of data with reference to previous point A1) will have the consequence that VIM Srl will be unable to carry out its duties in the contract. As far as point A2) above is concerned any refusal to allow data processing for that purpose will not have any adverse effect.
Data processing will be carried out with the help of modern computing equipment used by persons employed to do so. The data will not be passed on or communicated to third parties except when necessitated by the obligations of the contract or of the law.
The customer may exercise his rights as detailed in the law art. 7 of the law 196/2003, on request to the person accountable for the data processing, who is the current Managing Director.
In the case of any controversy which may arise, the competent authority shall be the Court of Florence and Italian law only applies.
The keyholder may refuse entrance to the property if one of the following occurs:
1) The damage deposit is not paid in cash on arrival.
2) The arrival time is not respected and the key holder has not been informed.
3) The number of people is over the allowed maximum.
VILLEGGIANDO VIAGGI by VILLAS IN MED SRL
Registered office: Viale G. Matteotti, 68 – 50052 Certaldo (FI) / Italy
Head office: Piazza P. Luchetti, 8 – 53031 Casole d’Elsa (Siena) Italy
P. IVA / VAT 01735720474 / Chamber of commerce reg. nr: FI – 621158